What is EBC? Learn More About Amazon’s Enhanced Brand Content
Previously, Amazon only allowed sellers to write a single paragraph in plain text. With Enhanced Brand Content (EBC), they can format their descriptions better and add images for the best conversion rates. What is EBC?
It’s essential to review what is EBC before we dive in.
What is EBC?
In November 2016, Amazon released Enhanced Brand Content (EBC). It gives brand-registered Amazon Sellers the ability to add rich content, such as images, formatted text, and product descriptions so that they can showcase the unique value propositions of their products.
Competition on Amazon is tough, and even experienced eCommerce retailers can find it challenging to compete. To help with this, it is recommended for sellers to use the enhanced brand content that Amazon offers for their product descriptions, so they stand out against other products and attract more attention.
Who Can Use Enhanced Brand Content?
Amazon Enhanced Brand Content (EBC) is available to third-party sellers with their own branded products registered in Amazon’s Brand Registry. Sellers must have a Global Catalog Identifier (GCID) to use this feature.
Registering your products is a simple process.
Amazon is currently providing Enhanced Brand Content for free, but it may charge later.
Differences Between Amazon EBC and Other Services
Amazon offers A+ Enhanced Brand Content, A+ Detail Pages, and Amazon Business Enhanced Content. At first glance, these options might look similar, but actually, they have notable differences. Click To Tweet
A+ EBC provides a template for enhanced descriptions with images and formatted text. It is free to use, only available to third-party sellers with registered brands’ products, and subject to rules and restrictions.
A+ Detail Pages
If you want to build a page with rich content, A+ Detail Pages are the way to go. You can either use Self Service Modules or Amazon Builds for this service. Prices vary depending on which option you choose.
Amazon Business Enhanced Content
Amazon Business Enhanced Content is a new feature that allows Vendor Central subscribers to upload separate file pages on the detail page.
Benefits of Enhanced Brand Content
What is EBC benefits? A+ EBC is free to use now, but it still requires graphic design and content creation (which can cost you money). As such, sellers need to know what they will get out of EBC to maximize return on investment.
The following are some of the benefits of Amazon EBC:
Enhanced Brand Content is Amazon’s way of including multimedia in the product descriptions on their site. This will allow brands to be more exciting and engaging.
One study found that rich media content can be 3 to 6 times more effective at convincing people than plain text.
Rich content allows you to get information across quickly, grab attention easily by using pictures and descriptions of products, and appeal to product skimmers and intelligent buyers.
What is EBC brand story? You can highlight your product’s benefits and make it easier for consumers to buy what you’re selling by using Enhanced Brand Content. This is because the content makes it easy to tell a story about why they should choose your brand over others.
One of the most difficult things for private label brands is to differentiate themselves from generic and major brand products. Now, they will have a huge step forward thanks to EBC.
Modern consumers are drawn to brands that have a face or picture. They want more than just the name of your company; they need an idea about who you are and what you stand for.
Amazon Enhanced Brand Content is a tool that makes it easy to put an individual face on your brand to build customer trust.
Search engine optimization is something that sellers can get out of the EBC. With Enhanced Brand Content, you can create modules with value points and pictures. You can use those to include keywords that you want to search.
How to Get Started with A+ EBC
1) Be sure to register your products in the Amazon Brand Registry. If you own private label brands that are not registered yet, visit Amazon’s Brand Registry to get started.
To get started, you’ll need the SKU for the product. 2) Go to the Amazon Enhanced Brand Content Page under “Advertising” from the Seller Central menu. Read through the Help section to know the requirements or create the Enhanced Content Detail Page.
3) Choose a Template – Amazon offers five templates that allow sellers to upload text and images into pre-defined sections. Select one template, add your content, then submit it for review.
4) Submit – Amazon reviews submissions for up to 7 days. They allow sellers to have up to 20 submissions pending at any given time.
Here are some tips to make the most of your Enhanced Brand Content.
- As a seller, you want to emphasize the benefits of your products. People make purchases based on emotion, and if they don’t see how it would be beneficial for them, they will not buy from you.
- Make sure to read reviews from both customers and competitors. This will give you a good idea of what your audience wants and how they feel about the company’s products.
- Text on images is an excellent way to convert the more distracted types who skim through websites. When text is paired with imagery, it can be a powerful sales tool for your products and services.
- Instead, most users would read a short article covering all the necessary information then read an overly long one. So, it is best to have a few well-researched points about your topic and avoid using filler content.
- It’s essential to optimize your website for mobile because Amazon.com gets over 8 million visitors every day from a phone or tablet.
- Focus on your bestselling products first. If a product already has good sales numbers, it is a better investment.
What to Avoid
Here are the things to avoid:
- Using claims (best, cheapest, etc.)
- Providing company contact information
- Including trademarks, copyrights, or registered symbols (e.g., logo)
- Low-quality images
- Adding duplicate images
- Shipping information
- Website links
- Using third party quotes
- Excessive use of bolding or capitalization
Tip: Remember to maintain high standards of spelling and grammar when creating your Enhanced Brand Content.
Final Thoughts on Amazon Enhanced Brand Content
Amazon’s Enhanced Brand Content provides benefits such as better branding, enhanced descriptions with photos, and more engaging content. After knowing what is EBC, there’s no reason why sellers shouldn’t integrate it into their products.