The Best Digital Products to Sell in 2022
As an entrepreneur, it’s important to know the best digital products to sell in 2022. By understanding which products are in demand and have a high-profit potential, you can make sure your business is successful.
I remember when I first started my online store; I had no idea about the best digital products to sell. I did some research and found that selling ebooks was a great way to start. Not only was there low competition, but ebook prices were also relatively high. This allowed me to make a good profit while still providing value to my customers. If you’re looking for ideas, keep reading to see 77 of the best digital products to sell in 2022.
7 Reasons Why You Should Sell Digital Products
Why should you consider selling digital products?
- Your inventory will never run out. Say goodbye to supply and demand issues. It’s a one-time product that sells automatically, again and again.
- You get a passive income. You only have to make a digital product once. After that, you are free to relax and enjoy the paycheck.
- It’s easy to scale. There are no logistics concerns as a result of increasing production.
- Low startup costs. You don’t need shareholders or angel investors.
- You can directly communicate with customers. Clients love companies that are easy to contact.
- You get to enjoy more freedom and flexibility. You can spend more time on more important things. Like your dog or skiing or cooking or whatever else makes you happy.
- You can reach a wider market. Some clients might not be able to afford your services, but they could afford your digital product. This makes your business accessible to everyone.
77 Best Digital Products to Sell in Your Industry
We’ve shown you how awesome digital marketing is, and now it’s time to show you some of the best ideas out there!
Before we dive into our tips, let’s quickly go over the most popular categories of digital content.
- Digital art
- PDF documents
- Online courses
- Web-based applications
This extensive list of the best digital products to sell is categorized according to industry. Even if your industry is not listed here, we hope that you can find inspiration to apply these ideas to your situation.
Digital Products for Bloggers
If you’re looking to monetize your blog, digital products are a great way to do it. You already have an audience, which means you have a head start. Just remember that your product needs to offer more value than what you’re giving away for free. If it’s a good product, people will be happy to pay for it.
Here are some ideas you can sell from your blog:
1. Membership site. Set up a membership site where customers can pay a monthly fee or a yearly fee to access exclusive, members-only content that you have created.
2. Planners and journals. Share lifestyle tips and daily routines in a downloadable PDF file.
3. Podcasts. Interview influencers and experts in your industry and share their tips, tricks, and advice.
4. Downloadable guides. If you’re a lifestyle blogger or handicraft expert, you can create an ebook or PDF guide to show your followers how to do it. This is a great way to share your knowledge and help others learn more about your interests.
5. Self-assessment tool. The self-assessment tool from 1StepOutside.com offers career and business advice plus a quiz to help their audience figure out their career and business goals.
Digital Products for Freelancers
Freelancers know how to work hard and play hard. They’ve learned a lot of tips and tricks along the way and sell popular digital products.
6. Beginner’s guide to freelancing. Write an eBook on how you started your freelance career.
7. E-learning course. This is a course designed to help you create a certified course in your profession.
8. Online community. Her SuiteSpot is a platform for female entrepreneurs and freelancers to find mentors and resources.
Digital Products for Life Coaches
If you’re a coach, counselor, or therapist, you can expand your reach by publishing a digital product.
9. Paid newsletter. Share meditation guides, video tutorials, and other forms of helpful content with subscribers via a subscription-based email newsletter.
10. Meditation audio. Sell 10-15-minute recordings of guided meditations and mindful practices.
11. Video courses. A series of videos can be created to help people cope with their anxiety and learn grounding techniques and wellness tips.
12. Printable journals and wellness trackers. The planner includes printable journals and wellness trackers that will help you stay on top of your health and fitness goals.
Digital Products for Designers
This is a long list of digital product ideas. Get ready!
If you’re a web designer, your skillset is in constant demand, and people will snatch up whatever you have to sell! Here are a few of the hottest web design products.
13. Wallpapers. Everyone enjoys having nice wallpapers for their desktops or smartphones.
14. Emojis. If you’re looking for a way to add a personal touch to your customer’s messages, why not create some unique emojis for them to use? This way, their messages will stand out!
15. Posters. Get artsy and create your own poster designs for clients to print and hang in their offices.
16. Fonts. Create some unique text and font styles that you can sell to your readers.
17. Photoshop templates. You could create templates for products such as mockups, effects, and layouts in Photoshop.
18. Business card templates. Help your clients look even more professional and put together with some classy business cards.
19. Infographic design templates. These are perfect for when people want to present a lot of data and information in an easily digestible format.
20. Presentation templates. Give your business presentation a design that catches the eye.
21. Invitation templates. If you’re looking for an invitation template that will make an impression, look no further! Our collection of invitation templates is perfect for weddings and other big events.
22. Comic templates. These are perfect for graphic novelists and comic artists who want to make a great impression!
23. Printout origami. If you’re into origami, why not create some printable templates for others to enjoy? It’s a great way to share your passion with the online community.
24. 3D printer design files. Share your 3D printing designs with your community.
25. Icon sets. Give visitors some custom icons to use on the website or landing pages.
26. Animations. If you’re skilled at creating animations, you could sell them to video creators and YouTubers. This is a great way to reach your target market and provide them with high-quality content.
27. Ready-made graphics. While graphic designers are highly sought after, you can immediately reach your customers with some pre-made design templates.
28. Create a list of website must-haves. Just like Alberta Designs, you can offer a website checklist to reach a wider audience.
Digital Products for IT Specialists
Almost every business needs IT specialists to keep their systems running smoothly. IT services are essential for most companies, so these professionals are in high demand.
Here are some ideas for IT specialists.
29. Apps. If you have designed a mobile app, you can choose to add a pricing plan or have in-app purchases.
30. Video games. You could create a video game that customers can buy, pay a monthly fee, or purchase features within the game. This would be a great way to get people interested in your product and keep them coming back for more.
31. Website themes. Sell themes that customers can download and use on their own website.
32. Plugins. Develop add-ons for web browsers.
33. Hosting. Hosting refers to providing a web server where clients can store their files and data.
34. Snippets. Provide small sections of code to your customers that they can embed on their own websites.
35. Integrations. If you’re looking for a chatbot integration that will offer you 24×7 support, Collect.Chat is a great option to consider.
Digital Products for Businesses and Startups
Do you have any insider tips or knowledge to share about business? If so, you can use one of the digital product ideas below to share them. This can include anything from business hacks to methods.
36. Business podcast. Podcasting is easier than ever, and all you need is a USB mic and an internet connection.
37. Resume templates. CV templates can help your customers get hired, so sell them!
38. Careers advice ebook. Write a guide about how to build a successful, fulfilling career.
39. Goal setting worksheets. Give your readers a downloadable goal-setting template or workbook to help them map out their career paths.
40. Masterclasses. Share a specialized knowledge in an online class.
41. Online communities and resources. Spark offers an online membership network with exclusive access to practical resources and training. The community is a great place to connect with other business owners and entrepreneurs who can offer support and advice.
Digital Products for Writers
You have two options here: you can either create content for other authors, or for books you’ve written.
Here are some of our favorite ideas.
42. Fiction and non-fiction ebooks. An author’s book can be a key source of passive income, so it’s important to make the most of it. This may seem obvious to authors, but it’s worth repeating!
43. Deleted chapters, spin-offs, short stories, and extra scenes. If your book is gaining popularity, you could share deleted chapters, spin-offs, short stories, and extra scenes with your readers. This would give them more content to enjoy from your book and they would be willing to pay for it.
44. Self-publishing guides. If you’re interested in self-publishing, but feel overwhelmed by having to do your own cover design, promotion, marketing, and so on, check out our self-publishing guides. Our guides will help you through the process step-by-step, so you can focus on what’s important – writing your book!
45. Novel planning sheet. Many people come up with ideas for novels, but don’t know how to map out their plots.
46. Private proofreading community. You could create a private Facebook group for writers to join, share their projects, and give each other constructive feedback. This would be an excellent way for writers to connect and improve their skills.
47. Ebooks about writing. You could create an ebook about writing that details different methods and tips to help your audience get the first draft done. This would be similar to Jess Lourey’s VIP Reader newsletter but in a book format.
Digital Products for Artists
The internet has allowed artists to sell their artwork in a variety of ways. Physical products such as prints and canvases can be sold online, as well as through social media and other online platforms. There are also many options for selling artwork through online marketplaces, such as Amazon, Etsy, and Google.
48. Painting video tutorials. You could create a series of videos on how to paint, teaching people how to create various paintings. You could create different levels of difficulty to accommodate for different abilities.
49. Drawing guides. Make a series of step-by-step PDF guides on how to draw. This can help people who want to learn how to draw, but don’t know where to start. Your customers can choose from a variety of themes, such as architecture, animals, or portraits.
50. Designs. If you can sew, please share your patterns online so that others can try them out. If you are an expert sculptor, share your designs with others.
51. 30-day email course. In a series of 30 emails, teach your audience how to tap into their creativity and explore the creative process.
52. Clip art pictures and symbols. You can use art on your own website by turning it into computer icons that people can download.
53. Printable coloring sheets. If you’re an artist, why not turn your artwork into printable coloring sheets? Customers can download and print them out, and it’s a great way to get your work noticed. We love this Frida Kahlo coloring sheet, created by Fox + Hazel.
Digital Products for Stylists
If you’re a beauty expert, take your advice online where people can learn from you! People love finding out about the latest beauty products, techniques, and trends, so share your wisdom with the world and help them stay ahead of the curve.
Here are some ideas for beauty experts.
54. Home recipes for healthy skin. Create an ebook with homemade remedies for skincare.
55. Hair and makeup tutorials. People enjoy watching hair and makeup tutorials on YouTube; the site registers over 700 million views of beauty-related content per month. You could set up a subscription series, where customers receive a new tutorial every month.
56. Certified courses. Certified training courses will let your customers become qualified beauty experts themselves, just like this course from The Institute of Makeup Artistry.
Digital Products for Childcare
If you work with children, either as a teacher, daycare provider, or parent, then you know how important it is to have activities on hand to keep them occupied. With so many families under lockdown right now, demand for children’s games and resources has never been higher. Here are some great ideas to try.
57. Printable games and riddles. Printable games and riddles can include crosswords, word searches, mazes, and join the dots puzzles.
58. Kids’ audiobooks. Write a children’s story and read it aloud, then sell the story as an audiobook. Great for kids or bedtime listening.
59. Virtual field trips and activities. If you’re looking for some fun and educational activities to keep your little ones occupied, why not try a virtual field trip? The Thinking Kid offers sessions on everything from Aesop’s fables to circus tricks to Mars.
Digital Products for Foodies
Are you a chef, cook, or food-lover? Share your favorite recipes, cooking tips, and foodie experiences online with these cool products.
60. Nutrition plans. As people become more health conscious, everyone is looking for healthy, well-balanced meals.
61. Recipe ebooks. Share your secret recipe with the world! Share the joy of ebooks with your clients, like this savory vegan recipe.
Digital Products for Musicians
As a musician, you can tap into a massive market by selling your music online. With 70% of internet users streaming music each month, there is a high demand for digital music products. You can offer different pricing for personal and commercial use to make the most of your sales.
62. Downloadable songs. If you want to sell your songs online, you can do so through sites that allow users to download songs. There are different pricing options for personal or commercial use.
63. Ringtones. If you want to create a unique ringtone that your audience can download, you can use a music synthesizer to create the ringtone.
64. Sound effects. Sell sounds to video and music producers.
65. Voiceovers. Create a library of pre-made voiceovers for videos.
66. Instrumental tracks. Build a library of instrumental music that people can buy.
67. Beats. Check out this website by Bradkinsbeats, who has set up a platform selling his beat.
Digital Products for Personal Trainers
Share previews of your videos, workouts, and meals on social media to get customers’ hearts racing!
68. Weekly workout video subscription. Keep your customers fit and healthy with a new workout video every week!
69. Meal-prep plans. If you’re looking for some help with meal prep, we’ve got you covered! Our collection of healthy recipes and meal plans is perfect for busy people who want to eat well. You can share these in a weekly newsletter, or compile them into an eBook.
70. Workout plans. If you’re a busy mom who wants to live a healthier lifestyle, this 8-week workout program from fitness and nutrition coach Dorota is for you. The program includes a private Facebook group and workout videos, so you can stay on track and motivated throughout the entire process.
Digital Products for Photographers
A photographer’s skill set is in high demand in many different fields; this means that there are many opportunities for them!
If you have skills in digital design, you can create some pretty impressive digital products on the side, regardless of what type of event you specialize in. Whether it’s weddings, business events, or cat food advertisements, your skills will come in handy!
71. Photoshop presets and filters. With Photoshop presets and filters, your customers can easily find the perfect look for their social media page or website. Premade presets and filters make it easy for your customers to get the look they want, quickly and easily.
72. Stock photos. Every month, photographer and graphic designer, Michelle Buchanan, sends her subscribers free stock photos. This is a great incentive for them to hire her for their next project. Free products are great, but don’t forget to sell to them!
Digital Products for Videographers
If you’re a videographer, you should think about creating and selling video content.
73. Short films. Selling premade short films to festivals or free watch sites like YouTube or Vimeo can be a great way to build a following.
74. Video animation intros. YouTubers will go crazy for premade introduction templates that they can add to their videos. These introduction templates will make it easy for YouTubers to create professional-looking videos.
75. Stock video. Maybe you’ve shot some stock footage, like battle re-enactments or rare animals. Other video producers will be keen to get their hands on them, so why not sell them as stock videos?
76. Videography tutorials. Show beginner videographers how you got started, what equipment you use, and the best filming techniques you have learned.
77. LUTs and presets. LUTs (lookup tables) and presets are tools that allow videographers to easily change the color of their videos. Jeven Dovey sells preset video colors that other videographers can use.
If you’re looking for the best digital products to sell in 2022, look no further! We have listed 77 top digital products that entrepreneurs should consider selling. By understanding which products are in demand and have a high-profit potential, you can make sure your business is successful. So what are you waiting for? Start selling today!