10 Ways How to Sell More Gift Cards This Holiday Season
According to First Data’s 2014 Prepaid Consumer Insights Study, 63% of customers had purchased or received a prepaid gift card in the past 12 months, with 81% saying they intend to purchase the same or more gift cards. How do you sell more gift cards to these consumers?
How to sell more gift cards?
Selling gift cards are a great way to boost cash flow during the holiday season. Here are 9 ways how to sell more gift cards this upcoming season.
1. Offer holiday-themed cards. Gift cards are easy to customize. Add fresh designs for the winter holidays or other occasions such as birthdays, graduations, Mother’s Day, or Christmas. A custom gift card with a seasonal design always seems more personal than something basic.
2. Sell gift cards online. According to a new report from Adobe, American shoppers are expected to spend $83 billion this coming Thanksgiving and Christmas. The option to purchase gift cards online is not only convenient for last-minute shoppers but also helps boost sales by allowing you to sell immediately to those you promote to via email and social media. Customers from outside the area can also purchase gift cards online as gifts for friends and family.
3. Have a Cyber Monday sale. The Mangia Bene Restaurant Management Group sells a ton of gift cards. Last year they sold $20,000 cards in an hour. If you want to ensure that your customers don’t miss out on a great deal, create a sense of urgency by letting them know that the offer is only available for a limited time. This will encourage them to take advantage of the opportunity before it’s too late.
4. Display gift cards. Gift cards are a popular choice for last-minute gifts or when you’re not sure what to get someone. They’re easy to buy and can be used at a variety of businesses, making them a versatile present. If you’re not displaying your gift cards prominently, you’re missing out on potential sales. Make sure your customers know you have gift cards available by keeping them in a visible spot. The easier gift cards are to see and buy, the more customers will be inspired to buy them.
Make sure your gift cards are visible this holiday season by placing them on countertops, tabletops, or a hanging display near the restroom door. Customers will appreciate being able to easily spot and purchase gift cards for their loved ones.
The cashier is the perfect place to showcase your gift cards. This will help increase impulse buys from customers during checkout. If you have outdoor signs, let passers-by know about your new gift card program!
5. Promote nonstop. If you want people to buy your gift card, you need to make sure they know you have them! Put them in display cases throughout your store, promote them in your marketing campaigns, and mention them on social media and in your emails.
6. Give a gift with purchase. Who doesn’t love a freebie? Especially when you’re shopping for others! Throw in a $10 gift card when they purchase a $100 gift card.
7. Hold a contest. Are you looking for a way to spread the word about your business? A gift card giveaway contest is a great way to do it! You can announce your contest through a marketing email or on social media. If people are adding their names to the pool, there’s the added bonus of building your customer directory so you can target them with future marketing messages.
8. Create a fun video. Videos are an excellent way to market your gift cards! You can target a large audience and enjoyably deliver your message. To ensure your videos are successful, make them entertaining! People respond well to videos that make them laugh, so feel free to be silly and have fun!
9. Make your business cards reloadable. If you offer the option to reload gift cards, customers can enjoy exclusive deals and perks as regular cardholders. This helps create a loyal customer base and keeps them coming back for more.
10. Draw Attention to Your Gift Cards. If you want your gift cards to be noticed, it’s important to make them as visible as possible. Consider ways to make them more eye-catching. This will help customers take a second look at your gift cards and possibly make a purchase.
Some of our clients use gift card displays with inserts that they can change whenever gift card sales decline. Others use variable printing to create card designs for occasions ranging from weddings to seasonable holidays. By switching the cards frequently, they’re able to keep their gift cards from blurring into the background and becoming less noticeable.
How to Maximize Your Social Media Reach
Besides paying for Facebook ads, you can also increase your social following organically.
Consider sharing some posts about your gift card options, or create some images to share on sites like Instagram and Twitter.
You could also make your Facebook page’s profile picture a promotional image for your holiday deals. And, of course, don’t forget to use Tik Tok!
If you’re not confident in your design skills, there’s no shame in hiring someone to help you out. You can find great designers on Fiverr or UpWork, and they won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
If you’re looking to boost your holiday sales, selling gift cards is a great way to do it. How to sell more gift cards? By following these tips, you can make the most of the season and sell more gift cards than ever before!